Wednesday, March 20, 2019  
Account Login  
Username
Password

  need help?  
 
Search By Keyword
Breaking News Alerts
Email Alerts
Email Address
Text Alerts
Mobile Number
 )  - 
Mobile Provider
standard messaging rates apply
NHJ Poll
Which is your favorite holiday, Memorial Day or Independence Day?

 
Home Decorating

Protect your family from the invisible dangers of carbon monoxide [Video]

(BPT) - Carbon monoxide (CO) is an invisible, odorless gas, produced when fossil fuels (like oil, gas or coal) burn. Because you can't see, taste or smell it, carbon monoxide can kill you before you know it's there. Exposure to lower levels over time can make you sick. Install a CO alarm outside each sleeping area and on every level of the home, including the basement, as recommended by the National Fire Protection Association. Ensure that the alarms are plugged all the way in the outlet or, if battery operated, have working batteries installed. Watch this First Alert video for more CO safety tips and information.